Since 1953, the American Council on Consumer Interests (ACCI) has been--and remains today--the leading membership organization for academics and other professionals involved in consumer and family economics. The ACCI Headquarters Office is in Evansville, Indiana. For additional information contact Us.
Vision StatementACCI is the leading consumer policy research and education organization consisting of a world wide community of researchers, educators and related professionals dedicated to enhancing consumer well-being. ACCI promotes the consumer interest by encouraging, producing and communicating policy-relevant research.
MissionThe mission of ACCI is to enhance consumer and family economic well-being by promoting excellence in research and educational programs.
ACCI fulfills its mission through activities that include:
- a multidisciplinary conference where high quality scholarship on consumer and family economic issues is presented and discussed
- a peer-reviewed, multidisciplinary journal that publishes cutting edge scholarship focusing on consumer and family economic issues
- special projects that promote the exchange of ideas between researchers, students, educators, policy makers and advocates interested in consumer and family economic issues
- To advance knowledge by identifying issues, stimulating research, promoting education, and informing policy.
- To provide for the professional development of the membership by creating, maintaining and stimulating interactive communication among advocates, business representatives, educators, policy makers, and researchers through publications, educational programs, and networking opportunities.