Since 1953, the American Council on Consumer Interests, ACCI, has been a leading membership organization for academicians and other professionals involved in consumer and family economics.
The mission of ACCI is to enhance consumer and family economic well-being by promoting excellence in research and educational programs.
ACCI fulfills its mission through activities that include:
- A peer-reviewed, multidisciplinary journal that publishes cutting edge scholarship focusing on consumer and family economic issues;
- A multidisciplinary conference where high quality scholarship on consumer and family economic issues is presented and discussed;
- Awards that recognize research as well as service in the areas of consumer science; and
- Special projects that promote the exchange of ideas among those interested in consumer and family economic issues.
ACCI is the leading consumer policy research and education organization consisting of a world-wide community of researchers, educators and related professionals dedicated to enhancing consumer well-being. ACCI promotes the consumer interest by encouraging, producing and communicating policy-relevant research.
Researching consumer economic and financial issues.
- To advance knowledge by identifying issues, stimulating research, and promoting education, that can inform policy.
- To provide for the professional development of the membership by creating, maintaining and stimulating interactive communication among advocates, business representatives, educators, policy makers, and researchers through publications, educational programs, and networking opportunities.